Do you ever get bored of having the same old breakfast? I know I do. But it can be tough to find something that is not only quick, but nutritious too. Here’s a simple recipe to start your day off that you can make ahead of time.
These banana muffin cups are high in protein, fiber, have zero added fats, and gluten free. Perfect for a pre or post workout meal. If you need some added sweetness, try adding some sugar free fruit spread.
And bonus- 3 muffins equal 1 serving!
- 1 cup egg whites (extra foods has large container)
- 1.5 cups oats
- .5 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- .5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup crushed walnuts
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Isagenix)
- *optional 1 cup of your choice of berries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grind oats in food processor. Add protein powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt to mix.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until just mixed.
- Stir in chia seeds.
- Pour into 12 greased muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes at 350.
These recipes are the property of Christina Lake Fitness
Nutrition Facts for 1 muffin
- Calories- 96
- Carbohydrates- 10.4 grams
- Fiber- 2 grams
- Sugars- 2 grams
- Protein- 8.5
*recipe adapted from Trainer Lyndsay’s muscle muffins